Distinctive Approach Towards Educational Excellence: The Success Story of Alliance University
About the University: Alliance University, established in the year 2010 and recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC), is a renowned University for higher learning located on a vast state-of-the-art campus in Bangalore, offering a wide range of degree courses of the highest quality and academic rigor. Alliance University has been a proud recipient of several prestigious awards and accolades, is among the top universities in India, and is the preferred choice for students, faculty, and recruiters.
Mitigation of pandemic challenges and accomplishments of the University
The COVID-19 outbreak meant a virtual university setup for faculty and students. Due to stringent lockdown measures, the University campus had to be vacated to ensure the safety of students, faculty, and staff. Amidst all the social, economic, and structural challenges that the pandemic posed, Alliance University embraced the change as an opportunity to improve things further. With an agile approach, the University formed alliances and signed up with EdTech companies to share knowledge and improve the system of education. The University achieved the following accomplishments in a short span of time:
- All classroom activities were transitioned to digital platforms, hence there was uninterrupted teaching and learning at the University.
- As a result of the admissions team’s efforts, Alliance University was awarded the best institution for use of technology by a leading education CRM company.
- The Career Advancement and Networking team moved all processes related to internships, placements, training, and virtual onboarding to digital platforms.
- Large enterprises and organizations such as Coca-Cola, Bisleri, Quest Global, Korea Trade Centre, Outlook Group, Reserve Bank of India offered remote internships and projects to students.
- Senior business leaders from companies like Airtel, AZB & partners, Boeing, Citibank, HCL Technologies, Honeywell, Mahindra, Schindler, Wipro to name a few, delivered amazing online sessions to students.
- The University's library opened online channels for students and faculty to access thousands of books, journals, research papers, and scholarly publications.
- Exams were moved to an online platform, ensuring that thousands of students across the globe could access them on time.
- The University facilitated an easy movement of students who were living at the international partner locations to return to their hometowns in India.
- A virtual convocation was hosted in 2021 to enable thousands of students to graduate with degrees and diplomas and successfully transition into the next phase of life.
- The University's Covid-19 Task Force ensured that any aspect of student concern due to the pandemic was attended on time.
In line with the increasing speed of disruption and growth of new technologies and the pandemic, the University was quick to adapt to digital learning to ensure smooth learning for students. Alliance University was recognised as a pioneer in academic digitisation and received the E-Learning Excellence for Academic Digitisation (E-LEAD) certificate by QS IGAUGE. This certification helped the University reflect on key strategies concerning readiness to cope with the changing landscape of higher education in the country. Alliance University secured an overall rating of Gold and a Diamond rating in key parameters including Teaching & Learning, Employability, and Facilities in the QS IGAUGE rating process. The audit process was very systematic, and the University applauds the QS IGAUGE team for their constant support and guidance, enabling the institution to share insightful data on several pertinent aspects. The academic prowess of Alliance is only slated to enhance with time and the certification from QS IGAUGE is a testament to the fact that the University’s efforts are headed in the right direction, ensuring student delight and heightened levels of engagement.
Key Differentiators of Alliance University
The key differentiator of the University is treating education as a ‘calling,’ a purpose nobler and higher than the pursuit of knowledge or even the provision of a service. Education becomes a force for universal good, seamlessly combining personal and professional success with the well-being of the group, creating ripples of lasting social impact. The forces of learner-centric education and people-centric management work together tirelessly to build a future that aspires to:
- Promote cross-functional expertise and holistic development
- Harness human potential
- Encourage a culture of research and innovation
Distinctive areas that have been the focus of Alliance University
Research and Innovation: Alliance University has been at the forefront of innovation. Faculty, doctoral scholars, students at the University have transformed their research towards producing useful and credible resources that address problems important to business and society. Aligned to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), scholars at the university are committed to the principles of responsible research, that are embedded in the core curriculum of doctoral education. Research and innovation by Alliance faculty members are distinguished by their commitment to creating knowledge. Translating the intellectual ambition to scholarly research articles, patents, and funded research projects, continues to be a key strategic priority for the University.
Internationalisation at the University: Recognizing the significance of providing global opportunities to students, Alliance continues to distinguish itself as one of the prominent universities of India when it comes to international collaborations.
With over 50 international partners, the University offers global immersion programs and facilitates educational experiences in several countries such as France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, Sweden, USA, UK, China, Taiwan, and Russia. The collaborations are aimed at promoting a great student experience and global research outcomes.
Experiential Learning: Classroom learning enhanced with co-curricular & extracurricular activities and experiential learning opportunities for professional development prepare students to excel in the world of global business. Students participate and compete in several competitions, tournaments, and fests to enrich their academic experience.
Way Forward - Implementing NEP and Becoming Atmanirbhar
The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 - aligned to the 2030 agenda for sustainable development, is built on the foundation pillars of access, equity, quality, affordability & accountability and aims to transform India into a vibrant knowledge society and global knowledge superpower. The broader vision of NEP for higher education institutions is to promote being more inclusive, innovative, internationally connected, and atmanirbhar. Alliance University is already on the path of aligning to this vision and is setting forth actionable points for the implementation of the NEP.
Focusing on more holistic and multi-disciplinary education, the NEP aims at adopting liberal arts approach to develop intellectual, aesthetic, social, physical, and cognitive abilities through the integration of Social Sciences, Humanities, and STEM education. As part of the University’s NEP implementation strategy, the pursuit to offer multidisciplinary undergraduate and postgraduate courses will see the journey of Alliance into new areas and disciplines beyond Business, Engineering, and Law. The University is ready to embrace the concept of learning as a process and not an endgame through certifications, diplomas, and degrees, thus opening doors for life-long learning.
The views & opinions expressed in this blog do not necessarily represent those of QS-ERA India Private Limited and/or its employees, partners, shareholders, or other stakeholders.